Disney + is the Walt Disney Company streaming service. It is therefore a subscription service like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and the like. This service can count on a catalog of content belonging to Disney, Marvel, LucasFilm (Star Wars therefore), Pixar and beyond, given the agreement signed between 21st Century Fox and Disney.
The streaming platform is very similar way to Netflix, with a home full of content and buttons to consult the various sections dedicated to the aforementioned brands, with a side menu of search and account management and so on.
Release Disney +
Disney + was released in the United States, Canada and the Netherlands made its debut on November 12, 2019. November 19 the debut in Australia and New Zealand. Consider that on its first day of service it has already attracted 10 million users. Finally, Disney also announced the date of its global service: March 31, 2020 (especially different European nations).
No doubt the Disney + catalog is better stocked, but the idea of losing the vision of the first original series dedicated to Star Wars may not go down to some European fans. It is also possible that Disney chose this date to make a good debut, launching it with the latest movie in the new Star Wars trilogy immediately.
How Much does Disney Plus Cost?
What is the price of Disney +? At the moment, only US prices have been announced, but they are far lower than the average of similar services.
- $ 6.99 per month – 4 screens, 10 devices, 7 profiles, 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos;
- $ 69.99 a year then $ 5.83 per month.
As mentioned, this technology has a lower cost than that of various competitors: think that, still in the United States, HBO Now costs $ 14.99 a month; or even Netflix, which from May 2019 in the United States costs $ 9 for the basic plan (one screen, HD resolution).
In Europe, Disney + could cost € 8.99 / € 9.99 a month, but it would still be similar to the basic Netflix plan and other similar services.
Disney Basic Fee Includes
Paying $ 6.99 a month the user will have the possibility to use the account on four devices simultaneously (for a maximum of 10 devices that can be associated) with 4K Ultra HD resolution in Dolby Vision.
There will be HDR10 and Dolby Atmos. For each account it will be possible to create as many as seven different profiles that, like for Netflix, will adapt to the tastes of the user. And of course there will also be the Kids Mode, a mode designed specifically for children with dedicated interface and content.
Disney Plus Catalog
At the launch Disney + will be able to count on a catalog that includes at least 25 original TV series, 500 films (including one hundred among the most recent Disney productions), all the seasons of The Simpsons, over 250 hours of NatGeo signed content, 5,000 episodes taken from Disney Channel and much more.
Disney has already prepared the roadmap for the first 5 years of the service: the intention is to reach over 50 original TV series, more than 10,000 episodes of series and past content and much more.
Below we have dedicated two sections to the Marvel and Star Wars content, but there will also be many other Disney, Pixar and National Geographic news. Among other things, some of the films and series in the catalog will also have extra content (behind the scenes, interviews and much more), those that are usually found in the physical versions of the same.
Here are some examples of the original content coming soon:
- Book of Enchantment;
- Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies;
- Diary of a Female President;
- Docuserie su Disney Imagineering;
- High School Musical: The Musical – Series;
- Ink & Paint;
- Mighty Ducks;
- Muppets Live Another Day;
- Secret Society of Second Born Royals;
- The Sandlot;
- All the movies from Pixar;
- All the short movies from Pixar;
- Lamp Life – New Toy Story;
- Forky Asks a Question – Toy Story 4;
- Monsters at Work – Series Monsters & Co. with the voices of Billy Crystal and John Goodman;
- Documentary “behind the scenes” Frozen 2;
- Incredibles 2.
- The Magic of the Animal Kingdom Earthkeepers;
- The World According to Jeff Godlblum;
- Rogue Trip.
Disney + Marvel
Obviously Disney + will be able to count on a lot of Marvel content. We expect not only the films that are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (the various films of the Avengers series, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man and so on), but also animated series and everything about television revolves around the universes of Marvel house.
Among other things, confirmation has arrived that even the very latest Avengers chapter will be available immediately on the service catalog.
However, there are some very tasty innovations that await us right on the catalog of Disney +, the original new TV series that will obviously be found only on the service of the Disney home, featuring some of the famous characters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Disney + Catalog Examples
- WandaVision – A series that will feature the couple Wanda Maximoff and a vision of their original interpreters, the actors Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany;
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier – The unusual Falcon / Winter Soldier, also played by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, is also back, and they will probably take charge of Captain America’s work;
- Loki – Yes, a TV series dedicated to a villain. Indeed, at the most beloved villain in film history, Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston. Despicable in the first Thor and in the Avengers and then redeem yourself gradually;
- Hawkeye – There is also a series dedicated to Hawkeye, which obviously sees Jeremy Renner descend into the protagonist’s shoes.
- What If? – An animated series based on the eponymous comic book series centered on how the Marvel universe would have evolved had certain key events in its history gone differently;
- Marvel 616 – A docuserie that takes us behind the scenes of the Marvel universe;
- Marvel’s Hero Project – Heroes are not only in comics and movies, they are also in the real world. It is a documentary dedicated to the work of some young people and their way of making the community better;
- She Hulk – Announced at the D23 2019, She Hulk will be another of the flagship TV series of the Disney streaming service;
- Ms. Marvel – Also this announced at D23, not much is known unfortunately;
- Moon Knight – The same goes for She Hulk and Ms. Marvel, all series that will be added to phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe;
Disney + Star Wars
Equally obviously also all the contents of the incredible fantasy universe of Star Wars – Star Wars will be part of the Disney + catalog. Disney has already confirmed that in the first months of the service all the Star Wars films will arrive in the catalog, also accompanied by many tasty news. Are you wondering which ones? Here is a first list!
- Cassian Andor – We don’t know if this is the title of the TV series, but we know that it will be dedicated to the eponymous character seen in Rogue One – A Star Wars Story and starring Diego Moon. Just Diego Moon will return in the role of Cassian;
- The Mandalorian;
- Obi Wan Kenobi – Nothing less than Ewan McGregor (alongside Kathleen Kennedy) has been confirmed, the Obi Wan series will be made! However, no further information is available;
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Season 7 – In addition to all (hopefully) the animated series The Clone Wars will also feature a new season;
- Untitled Docu Series – A series of behind-the-scenes documentaries of the Star Wars films.
Disney + Compatible Devices
On which devices will it be possible to enjoy Disney + streaming platform? Disney obviously intends to bring the service anywhere: Smart TVs, consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch), TV boxes (like Apple TV), Chromecast, fixed or portable PCs with both Windows and MacOS, dedicated apps for both PCs than for mobile devices.
At the moment he has only made agreements with Sony for PS4 and with Roku for his TV boxes, but we are sure that there will soon be confirmations also for many other devices. In a recent investor conference, confirmation came that the service will also arrive on Amazon devices.
© Copyright BizTechNews.net